Updated: Jan 17, 2019
Kentucky Hempsters hosted two events celebrating Hemp History Week, starting with a hemp history discussion at Locust Grove in Louisville on Wednesday, June 8th.
Blend in a blender 1 16 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans, 1/4 cup water, 3-5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on taste), as much tahini as you like, 2 cloves roasted garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, a TBS of hemp hearts and hemp oil. Smother in hemp hearts, sprinkle with chili powder and enjoy!
Spinach Quinoa Hemp Bites (Manitoba Harvest)
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups vegetable broth
1 tsp. olive oil
4 big handfuls fresh spinach, chopped
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup hemp hearts
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1 cup feta, crumbled
pinch salt and pepper
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Add the quinoa and vegetable broth in a medium sized pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until it is cooked and all the liquid has been absorbed. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large pan, saute' the onion in olive oil until softened. Then add in the spinach and cook until it's wilted.
4. Add the quinoa to a large bowl and mix in the spinach and onion, hemp hearts, garlic powder, oregano, feta, salt and pepper, and eggs.
5. Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray or grease with coconut oil. Spoon about a tablespoon of the mixture into the pan and press it down with the back of a spoon.
6. Back for 18 to 20 minutes or until it is lightly browned around the edges. Let cool and then remove from the pan using a butter knife. Serve and enjoy!
Goo Balls (The Hemp Nut Cookbook)
1 cup non-dairy grain-sweetened chocolate chips
1 cup almond butter
1 cup brown rice syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cups crisped brown rice cereal
1/3 cup shelled hempseed
Place the chocolate chips, almond butter, rice syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a saucepan over medium-low heat stirring occasionally, until the mixture loosens and turns creamy. Quickly fold in the rice cereal and hempseed. With moisture form the mixture into 1-inch spheres. Set aside until firm.